We guarantee that you probably have some road trips planned for 2022, and we'd love to help you to prepare for them. When it comes to road adventures, you always want to plan for the worst. Being far away from home can be scary, especially if you encounter a breakdown. To ease the anxiety and stress you may have, you should plan to pack an emergency kit with you.
Let's go over some of the top essential items to bring with you to make your road trip a successful one:
- Jumper cables
- A spare tire, jack, and gloves
- A first aid kit
- Plenty of water and non-perishable food
- A phone charger (preferably portable)
- Important paperwork (license, registration, and any other necessary vehicle information)
- Backup directions to your destination
- Flares or reflective cones
- Flashlight and batteries
- Compact Shovel
- Backup vehicle fluids (windshield wiper fluid, gasoline, oil, etc.)
- Vehicle manual
These are our top items for what to bring along with you on your next getaway. In addition to packing a survival kit, you can bring your car into our auto repair shop for a pre-trip inspection. Before you hit the road, it would be wise to have a professional mechanic check your tires, fluids, brakes, engine, transmission, hoses and belts, and more. Having this service done will ensure your vehicle thrives throughout the journey.
Please don't take the risk of your car breaking down along your long car ride. Instead, let us make sure your car is reliable and safe by bringing your vehicle to George's Complete Auto Repair for a pre-trip inspection. You can give us a call at (239) 217-3660 or schedule an appointment online today.